GENERAL EVENT QUESTIONS
- When is AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2017?
- Mark your calendars for Sunday, October 1, 2017!
- Where is AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2017?
- The event will be held at Soldier Field, home of the NFL Chicago Bears - 1410 Museum Campus Dr, Chicago, IL 60605
- How do I get to Soldier Field?
- Plan a trip to Soldier Field with Google Maps
- The stadium is a few blocks east of the Roosevelt stops on the CTA Red, Orange and Green Lines (about a 15 minute walk or a short bus ride).
- You can walk from the ‘L’ stops by heading east on Roosevelt Road from State Street until you cross Columbus. To your left will be a walkway that gently slopes down through the Museum Campus to a pedestrian underpass to get to the other side of Lake Shore Drive. Then, turn right to head south past the Field Museum and on to Soldier Field.
- To get to the Roosevelt stop from the north (including downtown) and West Side, take a Red Line train toward 95th, a Green Line train toward Ashland/63rd or Cottage Grove or an Orange Line train toward Midway. From the south and southwest, take a Red Line train toward Howard, an Orange Line train toward the Loop or a Green Line train toward Harlem/Lake.
- You can also use CTA bus #128 Soldier Field Express or the #130 Museum Campus, which serve Union Station and the Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra). From downtown, you can use the #130 or the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express, all of which connect with Red, Orange and Green Lines on Roosevelt. All of these bus routes stop in front of the stadium.
- Where can I park?
- Parking is available in Soldier Field’s Waldron Garage, accessible via Museum Campus Drive and 18th Drive. The cost of parking is $20 per vehicle.
- *Please note: Waldron Drive will be closed to traffic for the event.
- What is the schedule for the day of AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2017?
- 7:00 a.m. – Registration and check in open
7:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies commence
8:30 a.m. – 5K/10K Runs start
8:45 a.m. – 5K Walk begins
9:30 a.m. – Miller Coors Beer Garden opens
10:00 a.m. – Closing Ceremonies commence
12:00 p.m. – Event Ends
- How long is the 5K walk?
- The 5K walk is 3.1 miles long and should take approximately 1-1.5 hours to complete when walking. Click HERE to view the course maps.
- How long is the 5K run?
- The 5K run is 3.1 miles long and should be completed at each individual’s own pace. Click HERE to view the course maps.
- How long is the 10K run?
- The 10K run is 6.2 miles long and should be completed at each individual’s own pace. Click HERE to view the course maps.
- Where will the
race course lead participants?
- 5K Walk – From the Festival Area, starting at Waldron Drive, north on the Lakefront Trail along the lake to Jackson Boulevard, then south to Waldron Drive.
- 5K RUN – From the Festival Area, starting on Waldron Drive, south on the Lakefront Trail to 31st Street, then north to Waldron Drive
RUN – From the Festival Area, starting on Waldron
Drive, south on the Lakefront Trail to just beyond Oakwood Boulevard, then
north to Waldron Drive.
- Where should I
meet my team?
- Please see the Festival Map for tent placements. Check in with your team captain for details about meeting time and place.
- Where do I pick
up my race day items (t-shirt, bib, etc)?
- You can choose to have your race day packet mailed for $7 during the registration process.
- You can grab your items at Packet Pick-Up on Thursday, September 28 as Fleet Feet in the South Loop.
- You can pick up items at the registration tent on race day between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- What should I bring with me on race day?
- Any donations you have to turn in, friends and family, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, water, snacks, and a raincoat or extra layer, weather permitting. You are also welcome to bring wheelchairs, strollers, and dogs on a leash. Please do not bring bicycles or skateboards
- Will there be a
safe area where I can keep my personal belongings during the race?
& Walk Chicago will host a complimentary Gear Check throughout the morning
of the race. Please see the Festival Map
for the location of Gear Check.
- Can children attend the event?
- Yes! Children 12 years old and under are free to participate. If you would like to purchase a t-shirt for the child, regular registration fees apply.
- Can I run/walk with my dog?
- Of course! We love dogs!
- How much does registration cost?
- Pre-Registration Fees – through 9/25/17
$30 – 5K Walk
$40 – 5K/10K Run
*Note: A $5 fee will be added to offline registration fees.
*Note: A $7 fee will be added for those who choose to have their participant packet mailed prior to the race.
- Race Day Registration Fee – 10/7/17
$50 – 5K Walk and 5K/10K Run
*Note: Runners who register on race day will not be chip timed.
- When is the last day to register?
- The last day to register before the event is
Monday, September 25, 2017. However, we will accept on site registrations for a
flat fee of $50.
*Note: Runners who register on race day will not be chip-timed.
- How do I register?
- I am a returning participant and cannot remember my login information from last year. What should I do?
- Click “Trouble signing in?” on the Log In page and follow the easy steps. The system will then send your credentials to the email address provided. If you have further trouble, please email us directly at: email@example.com
- I registered to the wrong team. What next?
- To change the team you registered for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: first and last name, birthday and the name of the team you would like to join.
- I registered for the wrong race. What next?
- To change the race you registered for, please email email@example.com with the following information: first and last name, birthday and the race you want to participate in.
- I ordered the wrong t-shirt size. What next?
- To change your t-shirt size, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: first and last name, birthday and correct t-shirt size.
- Can I have my race day items mailed?
- Yes. On the registration form, there is an option to have your t-shirt and bib mailed for $7.
- When is the deadline to have my race day items mails?
- The last day to opt to have your race day items mailed is Thursday, September 7. After that, you can grab your items at Packet Pick-Up or on race day.
- If I paid the mailing fee with my registration, when will I receive my packet in the mail? What if I don’t receive it?
- Racer packets will be mailed the week of September 11. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery via USPS. If you have not received your packet by Race Day, please email email@example.com and visit the Registration Tent on October 1 at Soldier Field.
- I can't attend the event anymore. Can I still get my shirt?
- We’re sorry you can’t
make it! We’re happy to send your t-shirt – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I would like to participate in AIDS Run & Walk Chicago, but I can’t make it that day. What can I do?
- There are many ways to support AIDS Run & Walk Chicago, even if you are unable to join us on the day of the event. You can register as a Virtual Walker. Virtual Walkers are registered Walk participants. They are given a personal participant page and are able to fundraise just like other walkers. Although they can’t be there with us at the event, they can support our services and raise awareness for HIV/AIDS.
- Is there a fundraising minimum to participate?
- We encourage all participants to set a minimum goal of $100 and strive to achieve it. Participants who fundraise are eligible to receive a variety of prizes and perks! Click HERE to learn more about the impact of your fundraising.
- Do you have information I can use to help me fundraise?
- Where does the money raised go?
- Individuals joining as a part of CommunityDirect teams are raising funds for their respective organizations. To learn more about the CommunityDirect program and participating organizations, click HERE.
- Individuals participating in a Corporate team are raising funds for the AIDS Foundation of Chicago. To learn about our programs and services, click HERE.
- To whom should donation checks be made out to?
- Please make all checks out to AIDS Run & Walk Chicago.
- Can I mail a cash donation?
- You may mail or drop off cash donations at the AIDS Foundation of Chicago Office. Or, you can deposit the cash into your checking account and send a personal check from your account. Be sure to include the name of the walker being sponsored.
- Where do I mail donations?
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Attn: AIDS Run & Walk Chicago
200 West Jackson Blvd. Suite 2100
Chicago, IL 60606
- Please clearly indicate the name of the participant you are sponsoring on the check or on a gift form (to download a gift form, click HERE. Otherwise, your gift will be credited as a general event gift.
- How do I make a general donation to AIDS Run & Walk Chicago?
- You can make a general donation to the AIDS Run & Walk Chicago HERE.
- How do I donate to a specific team or walker?
- To sponsor a specific Walk or Run participant, click HERE and then search for the participant you wish to sponsor by first name, last name, or team name. Once you have located the correct person, click on that person’s name to visit their personal fundraising webpage. From there, click the link that says “Make a gift!” and follow the instructions on that page to complete your donation. If you wish to donate to a specific participant by check, please download a pledge form from HERE, and mail that in with your check made out to AIDS Run & Walk Chicago.
- What if I have a question that is not answered here?
- Please contact the AIDS Run & Walk Chicago team at email@example.com