Welcome to My Personal Page
Hi everyone. My name is Tim Obmann and I am a case manager at Alexian Brothers Bonaventure House. I will be walking in the AIDS Run & Walk to raise money for this amazing organization. Alexian Brothers Housing & Health Alliance (ABHHA) is a non-for-profit that provides safe, supportive housing for individuals who are HIV positive and homeless.
Our goal as an organization is to help individuals get back on their feet. Just imagine for a moment working towards your goals without a place to sleep. How hard it must be to find employment, go back to school, or get the necessary healthcare you need if you are constantly worrying about where you are going to lay your head at night? ABHHA removes that barrier so our clients can work on the goals they have set for themselves while having a bed to come home to. Along with housing, ABHHA provides case management, occupational therapy, spiritual care, and a variety of other support systems to help individuals on their journey.
I am passionate about the work I do for many reasons. Not only do our residents face the stigma our society has of individuals with HIV, but they also face the stigma of homelessness. At ABHHA, we treat our residents with compassion and dignity. It is a place where individuals aren't defined by any label other than Human.
90% of the money we raise will go to help support the individuals who live at ABHHA facilities. It costs on average $32,000 a year to house one individual at Bonaventure House. So any support helps! The other 10% will go to the AIDS Foundation of Chicago which funds HIV care and preventive programs, advocates for sound HIV policy and fights for increased public support for services for the HIV population. Your donation, no matter the size, will make a difference in someone’s life. On behalf of the organization and the resident’s we serve – Thank you so much for your support.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.